Non-professional first responders, typically perform
70% of all rescues in major disasters.
INDIVIDUALS IN NEED OF SPECIAL ASSISTANCE
Be sure that your Family Emergency Plan includes the needs of all members of your household. Consider forming a neighborhood network to assist in times of emergency. Individuals in need of special support may include:
• Casual workers
• Pregnant women or parents with newborns
• Homebound individuals
• Non-English-speaking individuals
• Post-surgery patients
• People with physical or emotional handicaps
• Individuals with no access to transport
• People with special dietary needs
All individuals in need of support should interpret an Evacuation Warning as an Evacuation Order and make arrangements to leave the impacted area immediately.
Neighbors can often be the first to assist in times of emergency.